The Blink Mini Pan-Tilt Camera is basically the Blink Mini on a stand. The Pan-Tilt stand gives you more visibility as it lets you turn the camera sideways, upwards, and downwards. Now sold as a bundle, the Blink mini camera and the pan-tilt stand allow for the camera to move around when you are not home by using the Blink app on your phone. But how useful is this for you?
Pros & Cons
- Two-Way Audio
- Easy to install
- Nice Design
- Remote Pan & Tilt control
- Turns Silently
- Alexa integration
- Motion Detection responds by sending a notification to your phone
- Cannot follow a person’s movement
- Monthly subscription fees
The Blink Mini camera by itself is 30$ and you could buy the Pan-Tilt for 30$ separately. Now, Blink sells both together as a package for 60$.
- A wide field of view with a diagonal angle of 110°, allowing you to keep an eye on every corner. The Pan-Tilt function offers a range of 350° for panning and 125° for tilting, ensuring no area goes unnoticed.
- It has crystal-clear video quality with 1080p HD resolution, both during the day and at night with infrared HD night vision. Capturing all the action with a smooth frame rate of up to 30 frames per second.
- Measuring 66 x 66 x 99.2mm for the Pan-Tilt Mount and 50 x 49 x 36mm for the Blink Mini, these cameras are compact and unobtrusive. The Pan-Tilt Mount weighs 246g, while the Blink Mini is a lightweight 48g.
- Powering the Blink Mini Pan-Tilt is easy, as it supports 5VDC, 1A via a USB Micro type B connector. It connects to a 2.4 GHz 802.11g/n wifi connectivity and requires a speed minimum of 2 megabytes per second.
This depends on whether or not you have the Blink mini camera already or not.
If you do already have the Blink Mini Camera and just bought the pan-tilt separately, unsnap the mini camera from its standard stand and attach it to the Pan-tilt stand, then insert the USB cable from the pan-tilt stand to the camera’s power port. Then you will have to add this setup as a new device to your Blink Home Monitor App.
If you bought the Blink Mini Pan-tilt camera as a bundle, you don’t need to remove anything beneath the camera, instead just attach the camera onto the pan-tilt stand and follow the same steps.
The Blink Mini Pan-tilt camera is compatible with minimum smartphone systems of IOS 14.0, Android 6.0, or Fire OS 7.0.
Best and Worst Aspect Of The Product From Users
The product currently has a rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Amazon. Most of the users liked the camera and have really good feedback on it. Most people liked its good price and easy to set up. Users mentioned how they could be notified of their pets’ movements around the house and easily be able to see what they are doing with someone saying “I watched my foster cat move her kittens to my bed behind the blackout curtains all while I was at work an hour away. So glad I bought this camera because I probably would have never thought to look behind the curtain when I found an empty box when I came home.” The only point the positive users wished for was the ability to zoom in on stuff.
Regarding the critics, a few had a problem with the sound quality, claiming that they couldn’t what was being heard on the other end. Some also had the issue with that it doesn’t follow movement around the house and that they had to manually do it on the app. Users also had issues with not being able to view from the camera for as long as they want. But perhaps the most common complaint is the delay in moving the camera and users wait a few seconds before the camera responds to their manual movement on the app.